Values and ethos
HARD WORK • PASSION • INTEGRITY
- We will create a teaching and learning environment to enable pupils to fulfil their full academic potential.
- We will create a working atmosphere to enable pupils to develop their full potential in every sense; personally, morally, spiritually, culturally, physically as well as academically.
- We will support the creation of an outstanding cadre of staff who will continuously engage in, and contribute to, their own and colleagues’ professional development to the highest level towards the offer of a world class education.
- We will generate and maintain through sound financial systems a quality and appropriate physical environment with excellent facilities to support and provide world class education.
- We will engage with other schools and the wider community, locally, nationally and internationally, to achieve higher standards in education, both locally and nationally.
- We will engage with all our stakeholders to create a common purpose in the development of a world class education within our schools.
As an outstanding school we share the following key principles:
- High expectations and aspirations and a profound and well-justified belief thatevery child and young person can learn and achieve;
- Refined skill in finding and applying the most effective approaches tocommunicating with, relating to and teaching children and young people withspecial needs and challenges;
- Exceptional expertise in assessing progress and recognising the smallest steps as well as large jumps in learning, and in using assessment to guide teaching directly;
- Highly effective and indispensable teamwork across the school workforce in which varied skills combine and best practice is readily shared;
- Strong partnerships with other professionals and providers, not least in reintegration and transition;
- The provision of ambitious and exciting opportunities through well-designed and individualised curriculum arrangements;
- Respect for individual children, young people and their parents, with the power to bring cheer and self-belief to children, and relief, optimism and support to parents;
- Unremittingly committed, inspirational and forward-looking leadership which believes that every professional challenge has a solution.