Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
Year 7 Catch Up Premium 2019/20
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of key stage 2.
We expect to receive £12,000 to support and extend the achievement of our 24 eligible pupils.
The funding will be used as a contribution towards;
- Targeted interventions for Year 7 pupils by SALT (Speech & Language Therapist)
Following the successful outcomes generated by this intervention in previous years, the decision was taken to repeat the programme with Year 7 pupils 2019/20.
Improvement in Reading and across all strands of English including early communication identified via key assessment points throughout the year.
- Development of maths skills via the supported use of on-line learning tools
Sumdog on-line maths programme is a motivating and exciting way for pupils to extend their maths skills. Support will be required to successfully introduce the year 7 pupils to the scheme.
Improvement in numeracy skills including problem solving identified via key assessment points throughout the year.
- Holistic based interventions
Holistic based interventions via The Mentally Healthy Schools Programme will be used to reduce barriers to year 7 pupils` learning.
Pupils will access the academic curriculum more effectively. Personal development skills will be evidenced via individual case studies
Year 7 Catch Up Premium 2018/19
We received £12,000 to support and extend the achievement of our 24 eligible pupils.
This enabled the
- Provision of appropriate resources, training and staffing to support teaching and learning for all year 7 pupils in all strands of English and maths
- Targeted communication interventions by SALT (Speech & Language Therapist)
Summer Term teacher assessments confirmed that all pupils in this cohort made measureable progress in English and maths and are on track to achieve their end of key stage targets in year 9.